Small Personal Loans Online
Small loans are best for emergencies
Small loans are especially useful when you face a sudden unexpected expense and don't have the required cash on hand. Not only can getting a small cash loan be done online in a quick and convenient way, but also people with bad credit can get qualified for a small loan. When it comes to loans for people with bad credit, some options will be better than others because a lower credit score in most cases means higher APR.
On this page:
What are the different types of small loans?
A payday loan is by far the most popular small cash loan used for emergency expenses. This is a short-term credit that is easy to get qualified for since it requires no collateral (unsecured loan) and has a high APR, which makes the loan more expensive compared to installment loans or secured loans. Due to this reason payday loans are often used by people with poor credit scores.
Read more about payday loans
An installment loan is an unsecured personal loan that is given for a longer period than a payday loan. These small loans are typically granted based on your credit history and/or your income and paid out in fixed monthly installments.
Read more about installment loans
A car title loan is a secured small loan where your vehicle's title is used as collateral. For this reason, no credit check is being performed by most title loan lenders and this is a better option for people with bad credit scores. Be careful when taking a title loan since in case of failing to repay the loan, the lender may take your car.
Read more about title loans
Can I get a small loan with bad credit?
Yes, it is possible to get a small cash loan with bad credit even if your FICO score is lower than 600. Getting an unsecured small loan from a reputable online lender is still a challenging task when you have a bad credit score. Unfortunately, a bad credit loan does not mean that everyone gets approved no matter what.
Lenders who are willing to provide loans to people with bad credit will compensate for the risk with higher APR or high penalty fees. You should also have some sort of income source to increase your chances of getting approved for a small online loan with bad credit.
If you have some sort of collateral to support your loan, then it would be much easier to get a car title loan or a pawn loan near you. In this case, the lender will rely on your collateral instead of your credit history.
Read more about bad credit loans
What are the benefits of small loans online?
These loans come with substantial benefits to the borrowers, which include:
- One of the key benefits of the small online loan is that you can receive cash as quickly as possible and on the same day in some cases. Once your request is approved, your funds will be transferred to your account. This allows you to get a small cash amount for your immediate needs.
- If getting instant small cash is possible, solving your immediate and unexpected financial emergencies is easier than ever.
- Usually, you need to repay the bad credit small loan amount at your next pay date. However, you can request an extended repayment period from your lender if one allows it if you cannot repay the loan amount in a lump sum.
- The small loan application process is quick and can be done 100% online. So, anyone who needs fast cash can apply for this loan with no hesitations and no risk of leaving your home during the coronavirus pandemic.
How to select the best small loan offer?
After you have applied for a small personal loan, be it a payday loan or some other type of credit, make sure that you clearly understand all the terms and fees related to your loan:
- If it is repayable.
- How much will you have to pay each month?
- What is the actual APR with all possible fees & penalties?
- Look for customer reviews of the lender.
- How long does it take to get the loan?
- What is the amount you can get based on your details?
- Are you eligible for a small bad credit loan online?
- If there will be any changes in the amount on early repayment?